Sunday, May 13, 2012

Spring STS plugin manager issue

Problem: The Plugin Manager window does not appear

I am using Spring STS 2.9.1 when I encountered an issue where the Plugin Manager was refusing to show up

Discussion:

My first instinct was to try a newest release of Spring STS which at the time was 3.0.0.M1
I downloaded and installed it, and was able to successfully open the plugins manager. YAY!
At first, I thought I was finished and ready to continue coding. Then when I went to open up a file, just about any file, I get a NullPointerException. I realized this version had it's own set up problems, that I was not ready to deal with.

I returned back to version 2.9.1 and found a way to patch it up. The solution is below:

Solution:


I managed to find a patch with a fix to the "Grails support" extension from a nightly build. To do this, in the STS menu select:

Window -> Preferences -> Install/Update-> Available software sites


Under "Available software sites" add the following sites:
  1. http://dist.springsource.com/snapshot/TOOLS/nightly/e3.7
  2. http://download.eclipse.org/mylyn/snapshots/3.7/
 Then click "Ok" and close the window.


 To activate the update process do the following:

Help -> Check for Updates

Follow the instructions to perform the update and restart STS.

And your good to go!

References:


No comments:

Post a Comment